- Find »
- Services »
- Collections »
- About »
- Contact Us »
I Share is a library materials sharing service available to all Chicago State University students, faculty and staff. Use I-Share to search for library materials in over 100 academic libraries in Illinois, check the availability of items, and place requests.
Creating an I-Share Account
You must create an I-Share Account in the I-Share catalog to place requests. Creating an account is a simple one time process.
1. Go to the CSU Library homepage at http://library.csu.edu/
2. Click on the “I-Share Account” link.
3. Click the “Create New Account” link.
4. Fill out the information on the User Account page. Note: you may use any email address you choose. When you create your new username and password, make them something that will be easy to remember!!
When filling out your library Catalog profile, for Borrower ID, enter 20411 and your 11-digit ID# located in the lower right hand corner of your CSU ID card. The Borrower ID must be sixteen digits (e.g. 20411900000088802). Once you enter all requested information, click the “submit” button.
5. You have done it! The next time you go into I-Share, you will simply go to the Login link and enter your username and password. You will then be able to search I-Share, request items and utilize other available features.
Log out when you finish. If you have questions or need more help, contact us at the Reference desk on the 2nd floor of the Chicago State University Academic Library (773-995-2235)