I Share is a library materials sharing service available to all Chicago State University students, faculty and staff. Use I-Share to search for library materials in over 76 Illinois libraries, check the availability of items, and place requests.
I-Share Creating an Account
You must create an I-Share Account in the I-Share catalog to place requests. Creating an account is a simple one time process.
1. Go to the CSU Library homepage at http://library.csu.edu/.
2. Click on the “I-Share Catalog” button on this page. This takes you to the I Share login page.
3. Click the "Create New Account" link on the Login page.
4. Fill out the information on the User Account page. Note: you may use any email address you choose. When you create your new username and password, make them something that will be easy to remember!!
Create the Library Borrower ID by entering 20411 and your 11-digit ID# located in the lower right hand corner of your CSU ID card (e.g., 20411900000000888802). This is a 16 digit number.
5. When you have completed entering all other information requested, click “submit” button.
6. You have done it! The next time you go into I-Share, you will simply go to the Login link on the right side of the page and enter your newly created username and password. You will then be able to search I-Share, request items and utilize other available features. Do not forget to Log Out when you are finished.
If you have questions or need more help, contact us at the Reference desk on the 2nd floor of the Chicago State University Academic Library (773-995-2235).